As I look back over the last week I stop and think about all the places God took me in my heart. Pretty amazing that He would venture that many places with me. First I flew back to Iowa for my wonderful mothers Birthday. Happy Birthday mom and as Braelynn says "she is going to have many more" I am good with that. We will see what the Lord has planned huh :)
I was greeted at the airport by wonderful friends with coffee in hand. It was a true blessing to walk back into the open arms of friendship. I have missed those friendships but I do see God growing us all. We may not like it but yes he is growing us all. Isn't He.
We made our trek back to the valley and even the corn fields look different or maybe I just look at them differently. The wide open spaces and all the fresh air. :) My mom and sister were on the steps ready to greet me with hugs and love. Just as if I had never left. But someone was missing. Dad you would have been the first to greet me with hugs and tears of joy for the opportunity God was giving us to see each other again in health. But you weren't there were you. No you are greeting me and cheering me on from heaven. I hope you had a good seat as you watched us all. I am still waiting as I walk in the house for you to come out of the computer room with another "What's goin' on around here" and one more "Watch out boy..." for AJ. Do you know how much you are missed dad. Did I really appreciate each of our wonderful talks. Yes I did and yes I do think you knew. You were an amazing dad and I love you. I miss you more than words can express and yet I know you would not want another day here on earth for all the glory you are experiencing now. So I am off to enjoy today but with just a slight tear in the eye as yet things are not all as they should be, not yet, not today....
processing and walking one more step on this journey of grief...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment