The different shovels we need in our life. Sometimes we need a snow shovel cause things get wet and heavy. Sometimes we need a bucket to bail out. Sometimes we need a shovel to dig deep. And sometimes we just need a cup.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A walk in the Park

Today I just returned from a walk in the park and playing there. I met two ladies, can't even remember their names and yet here we were three strangers with the common bond of a beautiful sunny day (60 degrees) hello, and our children playing in the park. Part of my heart wanted to hang on to my life in Iowa and all that it represents. But you see the Lord's mercies are new every morning. I feel like I have tried the hiding part of life here and yet I know from conversations with friends that I can't keep doing that. Help me today Lord not to do that. Another step in the journey.

No comments: