Today the sun is shining after about 3 inches of snow. It was beautiful snowflakes falling yesterday. I wanted to take a picture and put it on here but not quite that techy yet. :) As I sat and watched at one point I thought of how quiet it was out there.
Am I ever that quiet when I listen to you Lord? Do I know how to be that quiet. As each snowflake lays quietly ontop of the other. Building each other one step closer to you, Lord. May I learn what it is to be one step closer to you too.
Lord you amaze me that you know each and every snowflake and it's design. That is how intricately you know me. Little me with all my baggage and stuff. Each thought I think and each breathe I take. May I lean on you for each and every thought and each and every breathe.
It reminds me of a song by Dallas Holms I think: Called "I've Never Been out of His Care
"The eyes of God are upon me,
He sees everything I do.
The arms of God are around me,
They keep me safe and secure
Chorus:
And He knows where I am every hour of every day,
He know each tho't I think,
He knows each word that I might say.
And although there've been times,
I stepped out of his will,
I've never been out of His care.
This changing world alarms me,
with war, with sin, with strife.
But my Loving Father charms me,
With joy, with peace, and with life.
Chorus:
And He knows where I am,
every hour of every day
He knows each thought I think,
He knows each word that I might say,
And although there've been times I stepped out of his will,
I've never been out of His care.
I've never been out of His care."
I have know this song for many years. Actually my sister Carol who passed away in 1983 sang this song and left us all with this memory of her while she was sick she lived this way.
Lord thank you for bringing it back to me today. May I strive to live this way on each step of this journey with you Lord
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment